Long before European-Americans settled in Colorado, the hot springs of Colorado's mountains were popular with Indigenous Tribes like the Utes, Navajo, and Hopi. Today people are drawn to the state's hot springs to experience the healing properties of the mineral waters and to splash and play with their family.
In Colorado, it's easy to avoid a crowded chlorinated hotel hot tub. Your body feels more relaxed and comfortable when you get out of a natural hot springs pool, versus your typical backyard hot tub - COME TO COLORADO EXPERIENCE OUR HOT SPRINGS AND MINERAL BATHS.
Colorado offers luxurious hot springs resorts, campgrounds with hot spring pools, vacation cabins with private soaking pools, large public hot spring swimming pools, and hike-in natural wonders with undeveloped soaking opportunities. Natural hot spring waters can be found throughout Colorado to soothe your muscles after a day of hiking, skiing or exploring. Many of Colorado's Hot Springs destinations have water-slides, snack concessions, changing rooms, and family-friendly amenities.
Colorado Day-Use Hot Springs Pools and Mineral Baths
These Colorado resorts offer day-use only hot springs pools. Experience one of the state's amazing natural resources sitting outside in your bathing suit, while it's snowing all round you. Chances are, anywhere you vacation this winter, there are therapeutic hot springs nearby, waiting to wash away powder-induced aches. Hot spring water comes from deep within the earth, bringing up natural healing minerals. Are they magical? Well, that depends on your beliefs. Either way, they are therapeutic for sure - no chemicals. The water is constantly flowing.
- Dakota Hot Springs, clothing optional, in Penrose, Colorado. Open year-round.
- Desert Reef Hot Spring, clothing optional, in Florence, Colorado. Open year-round Wednesday-Sunday.
- Eldorado Swimming Pool, in Boulder, Colorado. Open Memorial Day - Labor Day.
- Old Town Hot Springs, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Open year-round. Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- Ouray Hot Springs Pool & Fitness Center, in Ouray, Colorado. Open year-round.
- Overlook Hot Springs Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Open year-round.
- Yampah Spa and Salon, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Hot springs vapor caves. Open year-round. Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Colorado Hot Springs with Overnight Accommodations
These Colorado resorts all offer overnight accommodations: rooms, suites, cabins, yurts, tent sites, and/or RV sites. After you've had a relaxing and soothing hot springs soak, the last thing you'll want to do is drive home or back to your vacation lodging. Stay within steps of your hot springs pool! Most of these Hot Springs Retreats only have a large central public pool. If having your own private soaking pool is important, ask if they have lodging options with a private pool, soaking pool or review the section below. A few of the destinations have restricted public access or are only available to guests. However, most of them provide daily vacationer access as well as lodging guests.