Indian Springs mud and mineral baths are known for their special qualities. The vein of volcanic ash found on our property is the source of the 100 percent pure ash we use in our mud baths, a rarity among spas. We mine the ash on-site, hand-sift it, and mix in mineral water from our thermal geysers, creating the mud.
Choose from a classic mud bath or a simpler mineral water-only soak. Both are time-honored Indian Springs traditions and are sure to leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Volcanic Ash Mud Baths
The ritual – and effects – of our Classic Volcanic Ash Mud Bath are not to be missed. Your attendant will guide you step by step. First, you’ll be immersed in pure volcanic mud, created with hot mineral water from our geysers and ash from our grounds. Then you’ll shower off the mud and sink into a deep tub of mineral water drawn especially for you.
Sip cucumber citrus water while you soak. The scent of eucalyptus and lavender fills the steam room until it’s time to wrap you in soft flannel and leave you to rest and cool down in a simple, private room. Soft music adds to your comfort.
The Mud Bath. Step by Step.
- Arrive and relax in our lobby. An attendant will greet you and show you to the locker room.
- Undress. Wrap yourself in a flannel sheet or robe and wait for your attendant to return.
- Your attendant will help you into the tub and then cover you from neck to toe with warm volcanic mud. Bliss. (10 minutes)
- Rinse off in the shower. Soak in pure Indian Springs geyser water, rich in minerals and salt. (15 minutes)
- Delicious cucumber citrus water is offered throughout to keep you hydrated.
- A steam room with moist, mineral heat is an option. Please don’t push yourself if you are feeling too warm. (5-10 minutes)
- In a private room, you are wrapped in soft flannel blankets. Cucumber slices are placed on your eyelids. Take time to cool down. (15 minutes)
Pure thermal water soak that includes everything in our mud baths but the mud. Immerse yourself in a deep tub of natural geyser mineral water. Sip refreshing cucumber citrus water and relax. Enjoy the eucalyptus and lavender steam room. Rest and cool down wrapped in soft flannel. A great prelude to a massage or as a treatment on its own.